The congregation of the First United Methodist Church of Northville recognized a need within its community for quality child care and felt a responsibility to help fill that need. It is the desire of this congregation to offer a child care center dedicated to providing high-quality Christian care to all of the children in the community. Following the teachings of Christianity and the heartfelt commitment to the community in which we live, we have developed, built, staffed and equipped a child care center to provide care and learning of the highest caliber. Northville First Care proudly opened it's doors to the community in April 1997 and we welcome all families in need of care to utilize these services and facilities.
What We Offer To Your Family
- Low teacher-child ratios that allow for frequent one-to-one interactions yet fosters independence.
- A safe, healthy, clean environment in which to play and learn.
- A place for each child to discover, explore, learn and develop at their own pace.
- Acceptance of each child as unique and special. It is our hope that each child develops a positive sense of self.
- Belief that the family is the child's first teacher. Together we are partners supporting each child's growth and development.
- As professionals, we believe that education is an on-going process. Our continuous training will ensure the best possible care for each and every child.
- In this Christian environment we provide an age appropriate "play-based" curriculum that encourages social, emotional, physical and cognitive development and meets and often exceeds the state requirements for literacy.
- We promise to have "an open mind, open door and open heart" as we provide large doses of love, care and understanding, and the best care for your child.